you're reading...
bureaucratiZILLA, Fear, God, resolution

The Return of BureaucratiZILLA, the Sequel

Well, I had my Social Security appeal hearing this afternoon.
The short version is I’m now a ward of the State.  They accepted my appeal and found in my favor.  This means Social Security will pay about 60% of my current stipend, and the remaining 40% will continue to come from my private insurance carrier.  So my income, while less than exorbitant (basically poverty level), will remain stable. 
And I’ll get Medicare.  And, if I get well enough to work, I can make a small income and not have the benefit cancelled.
This will all get reviewed in three years, and if things have improved, I’ll be taken off the dole.  Or not.
Such is the way of public bureaucracies.
At least, it appears I’ll be able to keep my home, something I’ve been worrying about for some time now.
The libertarian in me finds all this revolting, but my private insurance made me apply.  Such, too, is the nature of private bureaucracies.
Thanks to all of you for your support.  gfa

About guffaw1952

I'm a child of the 50's. libertarian, now medically-retired. I've been a certified firearms trainer, a private investigator, and worked for a major credit card company for almost 22 years. I am a proud NRA Life Member. I am a limited-government, free-market capitalist, who believes in the U.S. Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Discussion

5 thoughts on “The Return of BureaucratiZILLA, the Sequel

  1. Great news! The social democrat in ME is quite pleased that such a WORTHY CITIZEN is getting the help he deserves and has contributed to as a taxpayer! :-)<3No arguments from me that it's a perfect system, but I'm always happy to see it help the deserving as it was intended to do.Hugs!!!!

    Posted by Tomi | March 29, 2011, 8:03 pm
  2. Tomi said it well.

    Posted by Rev. Paul | March 29, 2011, 8:11 pm
  3. I have a friend going through what you are now. First congratulations to you. I concur with Rev. Paul that Tomi said it well. It truly is a Dichotomy isn't it?

    Posted by Keads | March 29, 2011, 8:15 pm
  4. Keads – that it is.

    Posted by Guffaw in AZ | March 29, 2011, 8:25 pm
  5. I guess the system does work as intended sometimes. Glad to hear you'll still have a roof over your head.

    Posted by Tango Juliet | March 30, 2011, 4:17 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

"Round up the usual suspects."

In Loving Memory…

%d bloggers like this: