- Pass (or threaten to pass) laws infringing on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
- Failing that, institute Executive Orders to accomplish the same.
- Create bureaucracies and bureaucratic rules to confuse and confound the public.
- Report, using false statistics, the need for more legislation.
- Break your own laws, in concert with criminal enterprises, furthering the confusion.
- Ignore facts showing more guns mean less crime.
And now, this (courtesy of Wirecutter)…
In what was dubbed a “makeshift reorganization” in a January 20 USA Today article, employees tasked with reviewing NICS appeals have been “temporarily” reassigned to assist with the considerable increase in background checks. According to the article, this has created a backlog of 7,100 denial appeals.
Suspending the NICS denial appeal process takes on an even more sinister character when one contemplates the chief gun control measure advocated by the Obama administration. Under a “universal” background check scheme, individuals would be unable to lawfully obtain firearms without subjecting themselves to a NICS check. If such legislation was currently in force, an individual who found themselves erroneously flagged by NICS, no matter how law-abiding, would have no avenue to legally acquire a firearm and no means to challenge their incorrect NICS status, obliterating their ability to exercise their rights in perpetuity, short of judicial intervention.
They just keep chipping away, don’t they?