Some of you may remember I often wear a built-up shoe, due to my leg disability. ( AKA ‘Ed’ – the really big shoe!)
And I wear ‘diabetic’ socks (because I’m diabetic) and use a ‘sock thingy‘ to put them on (because some ‘normal’ body bending is prohibited.
In recent years, because of my various limitations, I’ve discovered I prefer the use of a raised toilet seat. When it is necessary for me to, uh, sit.
I had one at the old house, but it was made for a round toilet. J’s home has the elongated model toilet. So, when I moved in here, it was necessary to purchase a properly-sized version. Which I did, at a pharmacy in East Phoenix.
Time has passed, as has much bathroom use. And, in spite of repeated attempts to keep the new device clean and sanitary, it has become worn and not-so-much. (I know – TMI!)
It became time to purchase a new version.
Of course, this is not as easy as it sounds!
First, a visit to the many (five) local drug stores didn’t work. Either they only stocked the round models, or none at all.
AHA! How about Amazon or Ebay? The purveyors of all things via shipping to one’s home? Numerous choices, brands, models and prices abounded. Some marked ‘may fit some elongated seats’, others round only. And some cleverly worded to advise they fit the round models, but may fit some elongated with some modification. Further research was required.
And the current seat wasn’t getting any cleaner! 😦
I spent many hours reading purchaser commentary. Many of which were of no help.
And pricing, unfortunately, was also a consideration. I am on disability, and spending over $200 to raise the whole commode with a shim was not an option!
But, my patience and research skill were finally rewarded! We received the new, properly-sized (and clean!) seat yesterday! Obtained at a reasonable price.
I will just have to be more diligent about keeping it clean…