The silent majority is an unspecified large group of people in a country or group who do not express their opinions publicly. The term was popularized by U.S. President Richard Nixon in a November 3, 1969, speech in which he said, “And so tonight—to you, the great silent majority of my fellow Americans—I ask for your support.” In this usage it referred to those Americans who did not join in the large demonstrations against the Vietnam War at the time, who did not join in the counterculture, and who did not participate in public discourse. Nixon along with many others saw this group of Middle Americans as being overshadowed in the media by the more vocal minority. (Wikipedia)
I believe we have seen the Silent Majority become silent no longer. Not by taking to the streets, blocking freeways, burning buildings and other crimes, but by simply voting.
Making a statement they have had enough of the Fabian, Marxist, Communist, Socialist, Progressive, One-World “it takes a village” crap that The United States has been spoon fed for more than a century.
As posted by Irish (sent in by Murray. (I have no idea if it was correctly attributed to Paul Genova or not)
By Paul Genova—You Created Us
I haven’t said too much about this election since the start, but this is how I feel.
I notice that many of you are not graciously accepting the fact that your candidate lost. In fact, you seem to be posting ever more hateful things about those of us who voted for Trump.
Some of you are apparently triggered because you are posting how sick you feel about the results.
How did this happen you may ask? It’s simple
– You created “us” when you attacked our freedom of speech.
– You created “us” when you attacked our right to bear arms.
– You created “us” when you attacked our Christian beliefs.
– You created “us” when you constantly referred to us as racists.
– You created “us” when you constantly called us xenophobic.
– You created “us” when you told us to get on board or get out of the way.
– You created “us” when you forced us to buy health care and then financially penalized us for not participating.
– You created “us” when you lied and said we could keep our insurance plans and our doctors.
– You created “us” when you allowed our jobs to continue to leave our country.
– You created “us” when you attacked our flag.
– You created “us” when you took God out of our schools.
– You created “us” when you confused women’s rights with feminism.
– You created “us” when you began to emasculate men.
– You created “us” when you decided to make our children soft.
– You created “us” when you decided to vote for progressive ideals.
– You created “us” when you attacked our way of life.
– You created “us” when you decided to let our government get out of control.
– “You” created “us” the silent majority.
– You created “us” when you began murdering innocent law enforcement officers.
– You created “us” when you took a knee, or stayed seated or didn’t remove your hat during our National Anthem.
And we became fed up and we pushed back and spoke up.
And we did it with ballots, not bullets.
With ballots, not riots.
With ballots, not looting.
With ballots, not blocking traffic.
With ballots, not fires, except the one you started inside of “us”.
“YOU” created “US”.
It really is that simple. You democrats have only yourselves to blame.
Now, I may quibble with a couple of the tenets previously expressed, but I ‘get’ the gist. The majority of folks who are simply trying to live their lives, go to work, raise their children, love their family and friends have decided they have had enough of unnecessary governmental overreach and intrusion. And decided to take action.
And the Left doesn’t know how to react – because they didn’t win, as they expected. And they are not big on introspection and correction – they just react.
As spoiled children.