I’ve recounted here before how the JFK assassination changed the direction of my life. The short version is with a family history in law enforcement, and being a 6th Grader interested in being a cop at the time of the assassination, I was primed to evolve into an investigations career. I spent many years as a private investigator and researcher, and have made a lifetime study of this crime.
I was fortunate enough to visit Dealy Plaza on November 22, 1992 (the 29th Anniversary) and to meet and speak with Jean Hill (The Lady in Red) and Penn Jones, Jr. (Forgive My Grief), as well as to walk the crime scene and take photographs. Along with about 300 others that day.
My understanding is the City of Dallas is selling tickets (!) for the capacity crowd today. Crime scene as tourist trap (see Ford’s Theatre).
There are those who believe The Warren Report as gospel, that Oswald acted alone; and those who believe the FBI, Secret Service, CIA, Army Intelligence, anti-Castro Cubans, pro-Castro Cubans, the military industrial complex, Lyndon Johnson and the entire road cast of Cats are responsible. Or some amalgamation, thereof.
My best guess, based on the physical evidence, is there was more than one assassin. As to the puppetmasters, pick-a-card. Certainly there are many accessories-after-the-fact who participated in obfuscation to cover their own incompetence, at the very least. And perhaps elements of them were compartmentalized conspiratorial elements before the crime. We’ll probably never know.
Hell, they still question whether or not Napoleon was poisoned, and the official Secret Service account of Lincoln’s killing neglects to mention his co-conspirators. It’s neater that way.
Some things to ponder:
- In the early 60s (during The Cold War), the Defense Department was actively using military recruits to ‘defect’ to Soviet Russia, to plant disinformation and collect intelligence. Oswald learned Russian while a Marine, defected, and returned. With ease. One of the telephone numbers LHO called from the Dallas lockup was to a military phone in North Carolina. (His handler, perhaps?) Of course, records where the number went are no longer available. He was also a CI for the Dallas FBI.
- In the late 50s, Jack Ruby was a known criminal informant for the Miami Police, with respect to smuggling and gun-running into Cuba. He was mob-connected. He obviously was not just a patriotic, grief-stricken night-club owner. (Incidentally, the last page of his Miami PD CI informational form, which contained names of his friends and associates has been ‘sanitized for your protection’).
- I’ve stood behind the stockade fence at the top of the infamous ‘grassy knoll’. It is not just an easy rifle shot. It’s decent pistol shot for someone with some skills.
- Evidence suggests a bullet strike to the rear of the President’s car, in the street, another to the curb in front of the Triple Underpass (wounding James Tague) and a cracked limo windshield. There is also a photograph of the dashboard with an obvious bullet strike from the rear. (I’ve seen it, but it’s not available on the Internet(!) The ‘
SingleMagic Bullet’ would have had to defy all laws of physics and then some for this to happen, with a single shooter and only three shots. And LBJ ordered the limo and Gov. Connally’s suit cleaned before JFK’s body was cold! Evidence, what evidence? And speaking of Gov. Connally, there was more metal left behind in his wrist than was missing from CE 399 (the Magic Bullet)!
- Men behind the stockade fence produced Secret Service credentials to Dallas Police, and others, immediately after the shooting. Only the entire Secret Service entourage was with JFK, Jackie and LBJ at Parkland hospital at the time. Who were these impostors?
The United States is promoted to the rest of the World as a beacon of liberty and not a banana republic. At least it used to be. Between Fourth Amendment abusers (like the TSA, NSA et al)
sometimes I wonder. And we should be able to protect the Chief Executive, or minimally determine what happened to him if we were unable to do so.
Not doing so is contrary to what’s left of this Constitutional Republic.
h/t Jean Hill, Penn Jones, Jr., Harold Weisberg, House Select Committee on Assassinations, et al
(and Happy Birthday to Dave the
Genius Mechanic! And many more, my friend!)